Spring is here which means I recently had the pleasure to be apart of our Fashion Meets Faith semi-annual trends conference call. With warmer weather headed our way, I couldn’t wait to share some of the top style trends of the seasons that you are going to see in the stores.
Top 10 Women’s Trends for Spring/Summer 2016
1. Nautical – horizontal stripes are spot on
2. Skinny Leg with Tunics – general rule, keep your tunics at finger tip length
3. Sporty Chic – it’s essential to wear a structured top and tennies to achieve this comfortable look
4. Denim – denim everything! Same or different color doesn’t matter. The key is to incorporate color with your accessories
5. Soft Colors – pastels and light/soft colors will be everywhere. If this does not fit your color palette, don’t worry, just add contrast with your neutrals and pop colors especially near your face
6. Retro Floral – old-fashioned, throwback prints. Lots of pattern on pattern. If your style personality leans more towards a creative original, this will be fun for you
7. Wide-Leg Pants – pair with slimmer top to create balance
8. Chain Strap Handbags – best neutral bag matches your hair, or try in one of your pop colors
9. Platform Shoes – low or high, it really doesn’t matter
10. Mules – chunky or open-toed, the choice is yours
If you have young ladies in your life that adore fashion, here are the top teen trends for this spring and summer:
1. Color – soft pastels and some bold possibly paired together, as well as fun floral prints
2. Clothes – light blouses and cotton tanks, colorful and fun shorts, as well as rompers
3. Dresses – shift, A-line and maxis are wonderful for spring. Choose your prints and colors wisely
4. Denim – from shirts to dresses, distressed and rolled-up jeans, shorts or shoes
5. Accessories – wedges and sandals, crossbodies and bags with chains
6. Hair and Makeup – stylish braids or simple braid with ponytail are easy and fun. Keep makeup natural and light.
To view the teen trends click here.
Regardless of the trends we choose to follow, they are meant to be fun and should be used to compliment your existing wardrobe. I suggest adding 2-3 trends that easily fit your lifestyle. Spring and summer mean warmer temps and less layers so accessories in the top colors paired with your pop or neutrals colors are an easy way to be on trend. If you don’t know your best colors, a personal or virtual style appointment will transform and simplify your way of dressing and shopping forever.
Always remember, a balanced look is the best look! Before you go out to browse these new looks, review your closet, decide what works with your natural beauty, and shop with a purpose.
Let Your Light Shine,